High temps cause manure to burst into flames

colorado springs local news

High temperatures in upstate New York have apparently caused horse manure to spontaneously combust into flames.

According to The Associated Press, the state Department of Environmental Conservation discovered the issue after they recieved several complaints about the smell and smoke coming from the flaming piles. It was found that the owners of a horse stable in Throop, New York had been storing the manure in large piles that would catch fire due excessive heat and dry conditions.

Three local fire departments responded to the fire, which took about two hours to extinguish.
Source: entertainment